Service Focus Jun, 19 2017
Function of the suspension
- Improves riding comfort and provides handling stability.
Function of shock absorber
- Suppresses the bouncing motion of the springs.
Constant velocity (CV) boot
- Protects the constant velocity joint from exposure to the elements and maintains its lubrication.
- Strong enough to support the vehicle’s weight as well as the various types of shocks encountered while driving.
- The damping effect is produced by forcing oil through valves inside the shock absorber.
- The tie rod transmits the steering force from the steering rack to the wheel.
- Combines spring, shock absorber, upper suspension control arm and steering pivot in a single unit. The MacPherson Strut layout is especially beneficial on front-and all-wheel-drive models where room is required for drive-shafts to the front wheels.
Available F SPORT suspension
- Lexus F SPORT models feature sport-tuned suspensions, which typically include sport-oriented springs, struts/shock absorbers and anti-roll bars. In some models, F SPORT suspension may also include Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) with electronically adjustable shock absorbers and Variable Gear-Ratio Steering. F SPORT suspensions provide more taut steering and handling feel.