Service Focus Jan, 18 2018
- The link between the steering rack and the suspension/wheels.
- Ball/socket fittings provide flexibility with suspension movement.
Constant velocity (CV) boot
- Protects the constant velocity joint from exposure to the elements and maintains its lubrication.
Power steering pump and lines
- Provides power assist to reduce required steering effort.
- Power steering lines carry hydraulic fluid under high pressure.
- Transmits driver input from the steering wheel to the steering rack.
- Transmits steering force from the steering column to the wheels.
- May be either hydraulic or electric, depending on your vehicle.
- Hydraulic systems use a pump run by the engine to reduce required steering effort.
- Electric systems use electrical power, an electric motor, and a computer to control the power assist.