Product Focus Mar, 24 2017
Genuine Brake Pads
What do they do?
- When you apply pressure to the brake pedal, the caliper clamps the brake pads against each side of the brake rotor, creating friction and slowing your vehicle down.
- Brake pads must create the proper amount of friction to deliver smooth stopping performance with a minimum of noise while operating under the harshest conditions.
When to service?
- Brake service should be performed as required according to environmental/usage conditions. This will help reduce premature wear and abnormal brake noise during brake application.
- If brakes drag, pull, pulsate or produce abnormal noise, see your dealer immediately.
Why service them?
- Brake pads are a critical part of your braking system.
- Pads are designed to wear with use and the rate of wear depends on usage and loads
- Constant exposure to the elements may result in rust build-up, which can cause brake dragging, pulling, pulsating and/or abnormal noise.
- Regular lubrication and cleaning of braking system components helps ensure proper function and reduce premature wear.
- Provides smooth braking while minimizing rotor wear.