Service Focus Feb, 16 2018
Air Conditioning System
- The high-temperature, high-pressure refrigerant from the compressor passes through the condenser, where it is cooled and changes from a gas to a liquid.
- It compresses the refrigerant, and sends it to the condenser under high pressure.
- Includes evaporator, expansion valve and thermistor.
- Atomizes liquefied refrigerant as it enters the evaporator.
- The refrigerant liquefies in the condenser and is stored in this tank for supply to the evaporator. On newer Lexus models the receiver is integrated into the condenser.
Cabin air filter
- Captures unwanted particles such as pollen, dust and other pollutants before they enter your vehicle’s passenger compartment.
- Blows air into the passenger compartment.
- Vaporizes the refrigerant which cools the evaporator. Air passing through the evaporator is cooled before entering the passenger compartment.